Saturday, December 29, 2007

Our Christmas


We love this time of year in our family. We love the lights and the atmosphere of everything around...but most of all we love to worship and celebrate the most important thing, Santa Clause...just kidding, the birth of our savior.

This is the first year that Larissa and I have spent Christmas away from our family in Utah, but luckily we have Joel's Grandma, aunt, and many cousins very close by. As a family during christmas we seem to watch on average of 25-30 Christmas movies during the season. We also love to go look at all the lights on the houses, but this gives Joel too many ideas of how to expand ours. Just this year during the after christmas sells he bought another 3000 lights, 3 deer, 2 blow up decorations, and a couple of other misc items. Also this season we were able to see the Oakland Temple all decorated with Grandma, Andy and A.J..

The Oakland Temple...not as many lights as the SLC one, but it is still a sight to see.


We are all standing at the look out point that overlooks all of Oakland.

This is an orignal 1830 Book of Mormon, it was pretty cool and the display reminded me of the one that holds the declaration of independance on National Treasure.

I dont think kids get any cuter than this guy...however, I might be a little bias.

Kyle and Sarah (our cousins) got suckered into playing with all the new barbies the girls got. As the night when on Kyle grew to love the Troy Bolton doll and even asked Kalee to play Barbies.

Every year we have the kids do a little Nativity scene. Clark was more interested getting the pretend binky out of the baby Jesus's mouth, and I was trying to figure out how Joseph handled two crazy little Mary's.

5 comments:

Tara said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! Your new home is beautiful!

Marissa said...

Awwww.... you guys have such a beautiful cute little family. Man, I miss you guys!! I'm glad you had a great Christmas. Have a happy new year!!!

kris said...

What a fun Christmas! I wish we lived closer so we could have spent some of it with you guys! Tell the kids hi and give them hugs from me!!!

Tim, Crista and Addy said...

Darling! I'm glad you had some family close. Your house looks awesome! Take care, we miss you. Oh, and I really miss getting some cookies from you for Christmas!:)

Jayci said...

Oh my goodness; your house looks absolutely amazing! So festive!!