Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Its the most wonderful time of the year!

You know, it just comes quicker every year that goes by. It seems like just a year ago Joel and I were celebrating our first christmas together, and now we have a bunch of kids. As you can tell Joel has a bit of a problem. If there were a christmas lights anonymous group, I would sign Joel up. We all love this time of year, even though we miss the snow and ambience it creates. Quite a bit has gone on since I last posted. Joel's parents and Lindsay came and visited us. It was tons of fun and the kids loved having thier grandparents and auntie come and play. Joel's best friend Grant also came and stayed with us for a few days. Those two are a bunch of goofs. We celebrated Thanksgiving at Grandma's house here in California, we all had a good time and overindulged ourselves as customary. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to go to the midnight showing of Twilight with a bunch of friends. I didn't get home until 3 that morning...but hey, you have to make sacrfices for these vitally important events. The movie was good, but I think they could have made it better. Joel likes to make fun of me for it.


Here is a couple of pictures of us decorating our tree. After 8 years of dedicated service, I am proud to say that this will be the last year for this tree. Its been a wonderful tree and withstood many a batterings by overexcited children.

I forget to say that on the 11 of November I got to go up in a KC-10! The did a spouse flight and it was pretty cool...atleast when I was able to get in the cockpit and the sit in the back of the airplane and watch them refuel. I am amazed at what Joel does. I have no idea how he keeps all those buttons straight.


I found this in our camera...thought you might enjoy!

5 comments:

Marissa said...

So pretty!!!! You guys did a great job with the lights!

Breanne said...

I love the lights on the house, and Joel has learned the art of decorating from his dad!! :)
I loved Twilight (I've seen it twice)
That is awesome that you got to fly with Joel, I love the pictures.
Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

The lights look amazing!! Tell Joel he did a good job :)

Melinda said...

Wow with lights and Christmas...like father like son!

kris said...

So fun. Haha, I did the midnight showing too- it was so fun! Wish we could have seen it together though! Tell Joel he did a fabulous job with the lights this year!