This 4th of July we decided on going to the Fairfield parade. I guess the theme was “emergency vehicles” or something along those lines, because that’s about all there was. Still, the kids loved watching it. The only really odd thing was this guy behind us sitting on a bicycle. Every few minutes he would chant loudly L-O-O-I-E! For two and a half hours Joel and I sat there listening to this and racking our brains trying to figure out what the heck it meant. Finally we just decided that he might have been better off in a straight jacket than riding a bike. After the show of force…I mean parade we went home and spent some time together as a family. Later that night we barbequed some hamburgers and left the house to watch the fireworks in nearby Vacaville. We were going to just buy them at the store and do them in front of our house, but we found out it is illegal here, even possessing them is illegal. We found a really good spot at a high school which ended up perfect. It was also fun to watch all the biker cops speeding around writing tickets to anyone who wanted to “augment” the city’s fireworks. They were serious about that stuff.
Yesterday we took the kids to the San Francisco Zoo and had a blast. We were so used the Hogle Zoo in Utah were the animals pride themselves in seeing how long they can remain motionless. This Zoo was great! When we first got there we saw a mommy and baby giraffe get bumped by an antelope and the giraffes began chasing around the antelope for about 10 minutes. The Zebra and a couple other African animals even got involved and joined the chase. It finally got out of hand when Joel jumped the fence and started headbutting the giraffe too. The Zoo here had just about every kind of animal we could think of except Elephants, which we thought was weird. They did have three tiger cubs which played around with each other and jumped all over their mommy. It was vaguely familiar how all the cubs were jumping all over the mother and she just sat there taking it, looking very annoyed. We rode a little train ride which they kids liked. When Joel asked Lily what she thought of the train she said “I didn’t like it.” Joel asked her why not and she replied “it was pretty hanus.” We laughed our heads off, and we have absolutely no idea where she got that word.
The kids are all doing very well. They are enjoying their summer and are still growing like crazy. They are so interested in the daily things I do and always want to help. Sometimes they help just a bit too much. Their favorite thing to help with is the cooking. The other day I was making Fettuccini Alfredo, Lily was right by my side as usual standing on her princess chair watching my every move. I was making the sauce and had just finished putting the salt in. I accidentally left the salt on the counter in her reach and as I turned around to grab the next ingredient she poured about half the container in the pan. Of course I only had enough whipping cream to make that one batch, so I spooned out as much as I could and we ate it anyway. She just wanted to help and its so cute, but its so hard to hold in your frustration. I love her so much!
















7 comments:
Wow that zoo sounds fun. it seems like every time I go to our zoo back home the animals are always humping each other. I guess I go during mating season or something. They should put up a sign beware X-rated show.
What adorable pictures of your kids!! That one of Clark with the pygmy goat is adorable. We miss you yons!
Hi! How fun! I am glad you had a good holiday. The kids look great- did Kalee get a visit from the tooth fairy? Kelly now has her first wiggly tooth too. Crazy how fast they grow up! Tell the kids hi and we miss them! Miss you guys!
Sounds like you have been having alot of fun! I love the SF Zoo, we went 2 years ago, it's so much bigger then Hogle, and I agree, the animals are more lively there :)
Looks like San Fran is fun!!! Great picturs of the kids and the one's of Joel is the cockpit. That is Craig's dream is to fly in a F-16 or F-18. He said he would probably get sick and throw up but would absolutely love to fly in one of those, with all those G's!!!
You've had a great fun summer! Reading your posts makes me wish we lived closer together EVERY SINGLE TIME! I hope someday we can afford to travel out to California to see you!!
What fun times you are all having, even though you are farther away from family then you like to be...I know all about that! I get the chance every now and again to tell peops about my cousin Joel who flies for the airforce. Then I get in trouble and they ask me what he flies...and I am like...uhhh, airplanes dude!
Post a Comment