Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our Saturday Adventure

Joel and I decided to get away this Saturday and see some of the sites. We went to Muir woods, home of the great California Redwoods and to check out the Golden Gate Bridge. We all had a great time and were in awe of the beauty and shear size of the Redwood trees. It was so pretty in the forest and you almost forget how close you are to San Francisco. Kalee asked if she could climb the tree, so I told her sure go ahead, Its only about 300 feet to the top. Joel jumped in and said that's no big deal, I used to climb a tree twice that size in my front yard, but I did it with a superhero costume (family joke). The bridge is huge and the girls recognized it from Little Einsteins. The enjoyed driving over it and seeing the ocean below and the all the sailboats going underneath.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Wow, you guys have been up to all kinds of fun things!!! The girls and Clark are getting SO BIG!!! I can't wait, while I sure do enjoy the local activities of pig wrestling, bull ridin', cow tippin', and rattlesnake racing, I am so excited to be moving to Dover where we'll have some opportunities for great things to do that will teach us more about history, culture and diversity. ;) Sure do miss you all!!

Jayci said...

Such a beautiful place!! I am always amazed when I see those trees; I forget that there are such things/trees as those. You all look like you had such a fun time. Glad you're enjoying California.

Mary Warren Photography said...

Wow you guys, your family is beautiful! We sure miss you! Tara gave me your blog address, you guys look so happy! Email me if you have the chance!
xxx
Mary Anne

sih said...

Joel...I can't believe I stumbled onto your blog but it was good to see you are doing well. I can vouch for your tree climbing skills, Prickily Man, but was dissapointed that you didn't do more with Joelsy's World. My wife Courtney and I are living in Atlanta and are expecting our first in November.

Keep in touch,
Sam Hobbs