It all started with a wonderful trip to Utah for Ambrea (my sister’s) wedding. We started our grand adventure on Tuesday the 28th of April. The drive was pretty uneventful and we made excellent time. Joel found a way to augment his “stomach problems” into the car’s combustion chamber creating a virtual “afterburner.” I had no idea our van was capable of those speeds. The only downside was the potent exhaust. Joel’s family hosted an ice cream party for the extended family to come and say hi to us all that night. For the next few days we ran around preparing for the upcoming wedding, and in our off time we had fun with my family. Joel had the opportunity to go and lose some golf balls in a nicely mowed grassy area, and I got to go shopping with my mom and sister. We went to a home décor store and I found some great items that help fill up all the empty voids in the house. On Friday night we attended the Wedding dinner. It was great seeing all my family there and a couple of Derek’s. It was fun seeing how Ambrea meshed with the Walkingeagle’s (Derek’s family, from the name I am sure you have deduced that they are Native American). Saturday was the big day. It came and went way to quick. We went to the temple that morning with Katrina, Mom and Dad, and Brandon and Janelle. The wedding was held at Cedar Hills Golf Course which overlooks the valley below. The scene was beautiful as was the decorations and my sister. It was great seeing the crowd of people gathered on top of the hill. Some had a hard time finding the course, so I told Derek to start a smoke signal then everyone came. The music started and the family began walking down the isle. I sent then my cute little flower girls and then my cute little ring boy. Joel escorted me, and finally Ambrea came. The ceremony was beautiful and everything was perfect…it just seemed a little awkward when the golf carts drove by and occasional scream of “fore!” and I really wish my dad would have not tried to tee off to the first hole from the stage during the ceremony. The reception directly followed and went really good. I was a little taken back when the wedding dance consisted of drums, big feathers, and chanting though j/k.
The next day we traveled to Disneyland with Joel’s family. Again the ride down was uneventful, which is a very good thing. Disneyland was great. The weather was nice and cool and my kids really enjoyed themselves. We also made some unforgettable memories, which is the whole reason we go. The sights there are so pretty, with the awesome castle, mountains, wonderfully themed areas, beautiful ships, characters, and the best sight of all…my throw up floating down the rivers of America. Leave it to me to get sick (and then Kalee and Joel) during a vacation. Luckily I felt better after. We had a 3 day park hopper, and really did have a good time regardless of the way our stomach’s felt. I was very impressed with all the rides the girls were brave enough to go on. Kalee loved the Indiana Jones ride, and I just could not believe that Lily went on Tower of Terror! Her face was priceless. She did make the comment that she did not want to go on it again though. We spent the next few days touring L.A.. We went to the beach, saw some famous people’s houses, saw Biff’s, Lorains, and George’s house from Back to the Future, the walk of fame, Kodak theater, and the Chinese theater. On Saturday we drove the 6 hours back to our house, which was a good feeling. Vacations are awesome, but for some reason it just always feels so good to be home.
Lily had her Birthday on the 16th. She had a great birthday surprise from our good friends the Hansen’s. They decided to come and visit us on their way to Disneyland. Lily decided that she wanted to have her birthday at Chuck-e-cheese. The kids loved playing together and I loved seeing my friend kris. I really wish they lived here too. Lily also got to celebrate her birthday at Great Grandma Bragg’s house. She put on a great party for the girls, with fishing for presents, pin the tail on the donkey, and other fun games. The girls really like going to see Grandma, we are lucky she is so close.
Yesterday Joel and I had our first date in almost a year and a half. It was great for about 30 minutes until we got a call from the babysitter saying that Lily tripped and knocked out her front tooth. She is sooooo out of control. We felt so bad for her.
This month has really just flown by. I am really looking forward to this summer when I can relax more during the day and not have to play school bus for Kalee. I am looking forward to all the fun games and activities I get to do with my kids.
Hope all is well with everyone, and sorry about the million pictures.
The next day we traveled to Disneyland with Joel’s family. Again the ride down was uneventful, which is a very good thing. Disneyland was great. The weather was nice and cool and my kids really enjoyed themselves. We also made some unforgettable memories, which is the whole reason we go. The sights there are so pretty, with the awesome castle, mountains, wonderfully themed areas, beautiful ships, characters, and the best sight of all…my throw up floating down the rivers of America. Leave it to me to get sick (and then Kalee and Joel) during a vacation. Luckily I felt better after. We had a 3 day park hopper, and really did have a good time regardless of the way our stomach’s felt. I was very impressed with all the rides the girls were brave enough to go on. Kalee loved the Indiana Jones ride, and I just could not believe that Lily went on Tower of Terror! Her face was priceless. She did make the comment that she did not want to go on it again though. We spent the next few days touring L.A.. We went to the beach, saw some famous people’s houses, saw Biff’s, Lorains, and George’s house from Back to the Future, the walk of fame, Kodak theater, and the Chinese theater. On Saturday we drove the 6 hours back to our house, which was a good feeling. Vacations are awesome, but for some reason it just always feels so good to be home.
Lily had her Birthday on the 16th. She had a great birthday surprise from our good friends the Hansen’s. They decided to come and visit us on their way to Disneyland. Lily decided that she wanted to have her birthday at Chuck-e-cheese. The kids loved playing together and I loved seeing my friend kris. I really wish they lived here too. Lily also got to celebrate her birthday at Great Grandma Bragg’s house. She put on a great party for the girls, with fishing for presents, pin the tail on the donkey, and other fun games. The girls really like going to see Grandma, we are lucky she is so close.
Yesterday Joel and I had our first date in almost a year and a half. It was great for about 30 minutes until we got a call from the babysitter saying that Lily tripped and knocked out her front tooth. She is sooooo out of control. We felt so bad for her.
This month has really just flown by. I am really looking forward to this summer when I can relax more during the day and not have to play school bus for Kalee. I am looking forward to all the fun games and activities I get to do with my kids.
Hope all is well with everyone, and sorry about the million pictures.

















4 comments:
She lost a tooth already!! She's getting old to fast!! Stop her, already!
You guys are looking all cute - Clark is getting SO BIG, and he's adorable.
We miss you guys!
Looks like it was a fun trip! It was nice to be able to see you guys. I love all the Disney pics and Lily's minnie cake is awesome!!
Now, lily's tooth wasn't supposed to come out, right???
Lilys tooth! Did it hurt? Or did it fall out because it was already loose? She's such a silly girl!! All your pictures are so cute! The girls looks so pretty in the wedding photos! We had so much fun seeing you guys- call me soon!!
Lily tooth wasn't suppose to fall out it wasn't even loose. It hurt alot she cried for a long time. she will be toothless for about a year or 2.
Post a Comment